After months of cold weather, it is beginning to warm up for pool season.
Here are a few helpful tips to make sure your pool goes from winter chilling to summer party.
1. Clean any debris that has gathered on top of your winter pool cover, before you remove it. After you’ve removed the cover, hose it off and let it dry completely before storing it in a cool, dry location.
2. Use a garden hose to fill the water level in your pool back to its normal level. This is typically around the middle of the skimmer opening or halfway up the tile.
3. If you prepared your pool for freezing temperatures over the winter, you will want to reconnect all the pool equipment. This includes reconnecting your filter, pump, heater, and anything else.
4. Once the circulation system has run for several hours, you will want to test your pool water for pH, Total Alkalinity, and Chlorine levels using a good test kit.
5. Last step would be cleaning any debris in your pool, paying extra attention to stairs and steps. In additon, shock your pool to eliminate nearly all the remaining bacteria and contaminants in your water after the winter offseason.
Don’t have a pool but you’ve been dreaming of luxurious lounging and crystal blue water for the summer? It isn’t to late to schedule your pool to get installed so you’re floating with a margarita for the next long weekend. Gibson can help you make those dreams into a reality.
Even though it doesn't look like it yet in the Okanagan, spring is officially only 6 days away. With Spring fast approaching we want to help make sure your home is spring ready.
Here are a few spring maintenance tips to get your home over the winter blues:
While completing your spring maintenance remember to always put safety first. Many home maintenance tasks are better left to the professionals so be sure to hire a contractor or technician if you are not able to handle the task on your own.
Happy Almost Spring Okanagan.